Sunday, October 25, 2009

Lost in thought

I experienced a most unique moment today. I was sitting on my back porch having lunch. The sky was intensely clear and rich in it's blue hue. It was cold and warm at the same time, the sun, extra bright from the depth of color in the sky. I began to think about being older in my house. And then I started thinking about the fact that I could see myself living someday downstairs. Then suddenly I was the me downstairs as an old man, and I was looking back at myself at this day at this time and thinking how it was an extremely memorable day in my life. That things are were really pretty good, that I had made the right choices, as best as I could blindly not knowing any repercussions. Time and space felt extremely fluid. I was experiencing my present moment with all the nostalgia I hold for the memorable times of my childhood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting post, Brian. When I was a kid I occasionally felt nostalgic for times gone by that hadn't even happened yet.

Have you ever read any Richard Bach? He touches on the phenomenon you experienced. I think the book was "One" or "A Bridge Across Forever."