Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Company You Keep


I had been checking this wall out for well over a year waiting for the right piece. Then I drive by it last week, and what do you know but Swoon and Mr. Stain had recently installed pieces on it. I decided that it would be very interesting to install Icarus here as I could create a triangular composition on the wall due to the height of the install. 

What I like about the wall at the moment is the sparseness of it all. I hope that people will really think about the look of the overall wall if they find it, and if they decide to install pieces that they are mindful of some overall composition, instead of just adding pieces for the sake of getting up.

I was very struck by the fact that from a distance the Icarus piece feels amazingly small, considering that it is 4 x 8 feet.

No comments: