Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Daily Draw 3.5.08



Back to the grindstone. 

Had the stomach flu for the past 4 days. 

I noticed something really interesting today on the train. At least 50 percent of the people around me were wearing Oxford shirts, opened at the collar with a medium weight scarf wrapped loosely on the outside of their coats. 

There was something about this repetition that I found extremely interesting.

On a note about the flu, I had a most extraordinary experience during it that I can say I have never encountered before. I had a bout of sleep paralysis. I woke from a dream that I was being choked on a subway car seat(see it does tie into subway drawing somewhat), this black shape I assume was an arm came from behind and moved across my throat. I woke to find I was back in my room, my eyes open, but I could not move anything except my eyes for about 30 seconds. It was terrifying as I literally had to hurl my body up to regain control. But it was fascinating for these exact reasons, the disconnect that can occur between mind and body.

No comments: